REVEREND MICHAEL ALAN ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Reverend Michael Alan is committed to ensuring full and equal access to our digital offerings to all users, including people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience and accessibility for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Reverend Michael Alan strives to meet the following accessibility standard: The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA. Currently, the Reverend Michael Alan websites are partially conformant, which means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. We are working towards full compliance.
Here are just some of the ways that Reverend Michael Alan is striving to be accessible and meet the above standard:
- Descriptive alt text is assigned to every new meaningful image on our website (some older images may still be missing this information, but we are working to correct this on our most important content)
- Our website is navigable without a mouse, by keyboard only
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We’ve recently added closed captioning on all new videos (older videos, prior to late 2019, may be missing this information)
- We are redesigning our site to ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
- We ensure that navigation works in a consistent way throughout each of our digital properties.
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we periodically review our website to identify opportunities for improving accessibility.
We welcome your feedback, comments or complaints on the accessibility of the Reverend Michael Alan websites. If you encounter accessibility barriers on a Reverend Michael Alan website, please email us at [email protected] and if you encounter any accessibility barriers on a Reverend Michael Alan website, please email us at [email protected] and we will seek to respond within 5 business days.
Here are some tips for customizing your experience on the Reverend Michael Alan websites.
Adjust Browser Font Sizes
There are two ways to increase the font size for the Reverend Michael Alan websites. You can adjust the font settings in your browser to always use a specific size. This method will be retained, and all browser windows and tabs will use this size.
Note: Some websites will not display the desired font size even after adjusting browser font settings. Use the quick font size change solution to increase font size.
Zoom to Increase Page Size
You can quickly zoom in to change the font size for your current browser window or tab. This method is a temporary solution, and font size may not be retained if you open another tab or window.
Here are instructions for doing this with different operating systems:
- Windows users: Press the CTRL and + keys to zoom in, and the CTRL and – keys to zoom out.
- Mac OS X users: Press the CMD and + keys to zoom in, and the CMD and – keys to zoom out.
Access Reverend Michael Alan on a Mobile Device
You can read the Reverend Michael Alan websites on the go with your iPhone or Android device. Each device has accessibility features that allow the display and font settings to be modified as well as a screen reader to speak the text on the screen.